What is the LCAP program?
LCAP aims to equip you with fundamental coding and communication skills to be a programming developer and help you to prototype your innovative ideas. You will receive training workshops and mentorship from local industry partners such as Microsoft, Oursky, etc.
After the program, you will be able to turn your innovative ideas into action plan to bring them to the marketplace, to bid for external funding, or to participate in external competitions or incubation program, such as Community Hackathons, Cyberport-University Partnership Program (CUPP), Microsoft Imagine Cup, etc. Outstanding teams will be nominated to participate in Microsoft Imagine Cup.
|9-Feb, 5-8pm||C++ Programming||LT-16, YEUNG||CityU Apps Lab|
|23-Feb, 5-8pm||C++ Programming||LT-16, YEUNG||CityU Apps Lab|
|9-Mar, 5-8pm||Cloud Computing with Azure||3610, LI||Microsoft|
|16-Mar, 5-8pm||Intelligent Chatbot||2505, LI||Oursky|
|23-Mar, 5-8pm||Digital Product Design from Zero to One||3610, LI||Opening Ceremony|
|29-Mar, 5-8pm||Arduino Programming||P4703, YEUNG||CityU Underwater Robotics|
|13-Apr, 5-8pm||Serverless App Programming||3610, LI||Oursky|
|20-Apr, 5-7pm||Innovation and Marketing||LT-16, YEUNG||MAD GAZE|
|27-Apr, 5-7pm||Project and Time Management||3610, LI||Sengital|
Call for submission of proposal:
The LCAP program is calling for submission of proposal with the below four themes.
- Joy of Living
The themes are from the National Academy of Engineering (NAE) Grand Challenges for Engineering. Participants can learn more about the themes here: http://www6.cityu.edu.hk/cse/cms/content.aspx?id=20161019152841&lang=en, or by looking at our prepared Powerpoint about the examples available here.
* Deadline of application for LCAP is now extended to 11 Feb.
All CityU UGC-funded undergraduate students from different disciplines are eligible to apply.
But you are required to:
- have passion and desire to make an impact and drive collaborative innovation in the areas of sustainability, health, security and joy of living
- have an enthusiastic and strong team (A multi-disciplinary team is strongly encouraged); and
- have strong interest and desire to explore and realize innovative ideas.
How to apply:
- Participants should form a team with a maximum of 5 people
- Each team will have to submit a proposal about your idea to firstname.lastname@example.org with an email subject “Application of LCAP program” before 11 Feb 2018 (11:59pm)
- The proposal should consist of:
- Your team members’ name, major and year of study
- Your project’s title
- Description of a problem in one of the above 4 themes
- How can your innovative idea solve the problem
- What technology will be used
- The proposal should contain at most 1500 words
Applications will be assessed by the following criteria:
- creativity and innovativeness,
- the use of technology,
- feasibility of the idea
Applicants may be invited for an interview.
- A series of workshops and seminars, covering technical as well as business topics will be provided to each team
- Mentors will be assigned to and have regular meetings with each team to help the team develop their insights
- Participants will receive a certificate in CRESDA if the following criteria are fulfilled:
– 80% attendance of workshops and mentorship meetings
– Submission of monthly reports at the end of each month (11:59pm)
– Submission of minimum viable prototype before 31 May 2018 (11:59pm)